Jan C Lyp

Worst experience possible

GoDaddy - Worst experience possible
Original review Apr 15, 2024

Well, after touching base with them (obviously someone from India) and thoroughly going back and forth with them and being told every few minutes she was working the issue, the support rep dropped the call after 18 minutes. I gave her my cell number in case the call got dropped (they asked for it for that reason), but they didn't call me back after the call was dropped.

I'm sorry, but this is way too stressful for me now and I strongly recommend you (the dev taking over for me) come up with a new domain name for the chamber, register it, and work moving forward using it.

I can't afford to risk experiencing another heart attack. I've now terminated any affiliation I have with Godaddy and making sure they no longer have any access to my billing info.

Lastly, I should note that I'm a 20 year retired and disabled veteran who feels this company really mistreats its customers and is truly a sad representation of what should have been a great American company.

Loss:

User's recommendation: Stay away; there are far better options out there.

Jacqueline N Agy

A New Brand of Anarchistic Capitalism: Exploitation and, well, you hate America

GoDaddy is not your most glamorous web-building suite, and we are well aware. What I did not know was that their greed has reached new heights and all of this political nonsense going on right now aside, we have traitors, truly so, in our midst, and they are permitted to go unchecked.

Sounds dramatic? It isn't. It is right there. GoDaddy sucks.

We know this. We do not know that they havefilthyy ways to still take your money. Because, when you're using GoDaddy to build a site, you are clearly rolling in cash. So number one: They steal money fromhardworkingg American citizens trying to get their first website up to add to their local economy.

This large corporation with a very fat man sitting at the top someplace is stealing money from decent American citizens trying to make a living. Cool. Second, this person who does not deserve a single one of our servicepeople dying or risking their lives for his freedom and liberty to overexercise his 14th I amendment I rights to violate ours *** do not call yourself an American) is OUTSOURCING. He is taking American jobs.

Next, and I am NOT joking, the CEO has those in charge train Indian "customer service" people to be intentionally difficult. I got someone to admit it was their policy, as I challenged him to a war of attrition. I was on chat trying to be refunded from 6PM-2AM. Never got a refund.

He kept making me break company policy or do stupid things to waste my time so they didn't have to refund me. He would say gibberish about code. Make up things. I code and threw policies back at him.

Then I flipped completely and gaslit the heck out of the guy. Pretended I had no clue why he was trying to delete my treasured website and feigned anger that he would dare. The guy remained as pleasant as ever. The truth did not work.

Crazy did not work. So maybe reporting works. GoDaddy is stealing American jobs and filling them with foreigners forced to waste out time after stealing our money. This is why our economy is *** Well, one reason.

A troglodyte is exploiting foreigners, therefore taking away from OUR economy. Then this wannabe traitor PAYS said foreigner OUR money to refuse to return the money he stole and waste the only thing we have to put into a new American business at first--our time and productivity. This company does not deserve my family members blood puddled on the ground for the CEO's freedom as we have bled for every war to protect this freedom since we got here in the 1680s. How the *** does this "government" allow a person who had better never call themselves an American do this to what they do not deserve to call their country's economy?

Clearly they don't care about what happens in this country. I say send the whole C-suite over to the middle east for awhile and see how they like it. Take my family's blood for your freedom. Take our money without ask.

Take our people's jobs, then use our money to pay foreigner's to waste all we have left-our time. You people are sick and honestly do not deserve this great nation. We used to be the greatest nation in the world until idiots like you decided you needed to exploit and steal. Traitorous and shameful spineless little men.

I hope that you meet a fate like one Mr.Gaddafi. Do not dare call yourself an American. We will not die for you. We, the people, will laugh at you if things take a turn and you fall, and when it is done and you cry to us, well, I don't advise anyone corporate come near those of us who love our country and still revere (haha) the ideals of the founding fathers as our constitution and rights mean something to us.

Screw lawyers and judges changing these sacred words to infringe on our rights. Even worse are the politicians that let it happen. Even worse than that? The media.

Stop it people. They're lying to you, all of them. Go read some books and hug a veteran instead of buying more *** GoDaddy products and get off TikTok. Pay attention to what is happening.

Look at what this company is doing.

And know the worth of our veterans because these men and women are looking around and wondering what the *** they almost died for. *** GoDaddy.

Loss:
Pros:
  • It is clunky
  • For a basic website
  • Easy setup
Cons:
  • Will steal your money in odd hidden ways
  • Not transparent
  • Unamerican

User's recommendation: Do not use GoDaddy Products

RBH H

Support continues to kick the can down the road 24hours

GoDaddy - Support continues to kick the can down the road 24hours
GoDaddy - Support continues to kick the can down the road 24hours - Image 2
GoDaddy - Support continues to kick the can down the road 24hours - Image 3
GoDaddy - Support continues to kick the can down the road 24hours - Image 4
GoDaddy - Support continues to kick the can down the road 24hours - Image 5

on Feb 22 I found out that the emails connected to domain goldnpawn.biz that half of my stores and supervisors have been using for over a year was not connected to my Microsoft organization. I found this out before the company wide roll out of Microsoft teams.

Ticket #ATS-297390. I was informed, my only option would be to delete the emails for this domain. I would also need to buy another domain and create email accounts through this avenue. After completing this purchase and set up the new accounts constantly state "We're still setting up this account" on Feb 25 i finally received above ticker number from Advanced Technical Services.

Finally on Feb 29th I had to beg and plead to speak with a supervisor. Once I endured the 1 hour on the phone waiting for a supervisor, I have received a Case #12865**** Maxx Jesson4271@***.com he assured me they would get this issue corrected. That was 4 days ago. Now its March 4 and again I have been on the phone for over an hour.

The scheduled roll out has been halted of Microsoft Teams for whole company, as a large portion of the company. Not only inconvenient this has become costly!

Pros:
  • Options flexablity
Cons:
  • Very poor technical support

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Kevin B Pkw

DISHIONEST AND UNDER HANDED SALES TACTICS

I have been a Go Daddy Client since 16 Feb 2007 with my first purchase of $8.30.

It is now 12 March 2024 and after 571 Purchases I was absolutely disgusted by the Sales and Support tactics used by their Indian Support Staff.

They Charged my Visa credit card $372.45 for No reason, and then told me I had bought this website package and that subscription when I had not.

The phone call started on: Mon: 11 Mar 24: 8:09pm.

I logged on to godaddy and selected Chat.

I got an Indian support person which i am used to now that Go Daddy uses overseas support teams, he tried to play dumb, and when I asked him to do the 3 items i needed fixing up, the credit card Refund, and Two more charges i learnt about that was coming my way. valued at around $800.

He said he couldn't do it, but was contradicting what the website said, and gave me all the excuses under the sun, in the end after 41/2 hours online trying to get these problems resolved I had to ask for his Manager,

He finally sent me the email but it didn't tell me which Domain Name it was for, and when I asked him again and again, He Refused to tell me. I told him I can't just sign a blank email when I don't know exactly what it is for.

So I asked for the Manager

what I thought was a helpful person, another hour later I finally thought after logging out of that Chat at 1am the next day, Tuesday morning, I had spent 5 Hours trying to get a 5 minute support task fixed.

No that was wishful thinking I soon found out.

The second staff member the Manager, cheated me, Instead of Refunding me the Refund Amount of $372.45 that the Manager promised to me (in writing) Only turned out to be only $30.

So back on the Chat again, for another 1 Hr, I honestly was not looking forward to it again.

Well I got this new 3rd person and I told him my problem, and within 5 Minutes, he said he had fixed my problem, 5 minutes and I would get an email.

Sure enough the email came thru and there was ht e rest of the balance ~$340.

So immediately I went and checked my account to make sure the Refund did come through.

To my surprise the full amount had been Refunded in Two Amounts.

So I logged out and went to make a cuppa of tea and get some food because it had been the longest and most time consuming support call i had ever made.

Now before I turned the computer off for the night, I thought I would just do one more Check, and you won't believe this, but the Second Refund Amount had been reversed and taken off the list.

I was in total shock and so back on to Chat again, and this time i just said put me on to yr manager, I don't want to talk to anyone else.

Low and behold as I had the screen open on my account, as soon as I said my intro, about two minutes later my Second Refund turned up again and I was still on hold.

They must think we are stupid to keep playing these tricks on us, so after 16 years and 571 Purchases, some domain names I bought were over $2500.

I am Cancelling my whole GoDaddy Account, they are now using underhanded sales tactics, they are sending clients out emails asking them to Confirm Business Cancellations, Decisions but no where on the Email does it tell you what Domain Names the Cancellation is for, no where.

They let you buy a domain name in less than 30 seconds, but to Close it or Cancel it, you now have to jump through so many pages it is a Joke, and when I asked for Help from their Staff, they both Refused to help me, and just like they had done to me last week, as I had also tried the week before and got the exact same poor treatment.

This is disgusting treatment and service and I will not stand for it anymore, the way you show yr appreciation for the years of dedicated service is shameful, and I have all the Chat Scripts Saved in Full, along with their Names, Lies, Emails the lots.

It is pathetic that you have to stoop this low, and you call yrself an American Company, you should be ashamed of yrselves.

Thank you for nothing.

Kev Borg

571 Purchases

Started: 16 February 2007

Dollars Spent in the 5 Figures.

Cables.io alone is worth $6,250

Good bye.

Kevin Borg

Auckland / NZ

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never Use Go Daddy Domain Names Because of Their Under Handed Sales Tactics & Dishinesty.

Rob S Emt

Verified Reviewer

It was trying to verify my identity

GoDaddy - It was trying to verify my identity
It has for front and back pictures of my driver's license so I did that and the next step it was trying to take a selfie and the website was malfunctioning I called the customer service for GoDaddy and they said that they would have to look into this and I couldn't email my to verify my identity they said they're going to have to call you back horrible customer service I asked for a discount they said they'd have to ask
Loss:
Pros:
  • Most featuresare easy to use
Cons:
  • Pricey the verify didnt work

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Expensive

Thomas B Nbu

| map-marker Bangkok, Bangkok

GoDaddy is Stealing From Me

GoDaddy is Stealing From Me

Last year it was a sad day when MediaTemple transferred all your internet operations to GoDaddy. As a faithful and happy MT client for 20+ years, since GoDaddy took over my 5 domain names and one hosting duty - Jade-Carvings.com - GD has caused nothing but problems for me, including most recently, charging me (stole from me) outrageous charges ($244.96) from me for unwanted and unapproved services.

Worse yet, after 4-5 months of EASILY logging in to chat with GD, for the last month, it has been IMPOSSIBLE to connect with GDs chat function

And now, after 4 days, my email-tracking system says GoDaddy never opened my email.

So billing@***.com is no longer valid. HOW CAN I CONTACT GODADDY DIRECTLY ABOUT YOUR THEFT-ORIENTED BILLING???

I just tried one more time to chat on GoDaddy, and there is still no live link.

Below is the email I sent to billing@***.com without any response after 4 days

(My closing note is at the end of my email to GoDaddy billing.)

GoDaddy,

In 2016, my original GoDaddy account number was 4011****.

In 2023 when MediaTemple transitioned to GoDaddy, you changed my account number to 57149****.

On 3 January, 2024 I paid you for 4 of my domains with Order Number: 287261****:

Jade-Carvings.net, Jade-Carvings.info, Jade-Carvings.org and Jade-Carvings.biz.

On 20 January, 2024 - without my permission - you charged me another $244.96 for 2 years with the above 4 domains which, as far as I am concerned, you are trying to steal from me, as I never did nor ever would order/pay for those domains which I have never used. I never have, nor ever would pay for 2 years of my domains: only one year at a time.

Your chat system is not working.

My only recourse is to contact you by email...

...Unless you have also stopped communicating by email.

If you do not cancel that order and refund my money, I will contact Visa Card, MediaTemple and my lawyer to take stronger action.

Please reply soonest. With Gratitude, Thomas Banker

AND NOW, POURING SALT IN THE WOUNDS, GODADDY JUST SENT ME A WEB-HOSTING RENEWAL PAID $11.99 INVOICE FOR ONE MONTH

WHEN, LAST MONTH I ALREADY PAID MY WEB-HOSTING RENEWAL FOR 1 YEAR = NOT 1 MONTH.

MediaTemple, how is it possible for me to recover the money GoDaddy has stolen from me, please?

JP P Dpb

Verified Reviewer

I was illegally charged on my card for $190.68 and was told it was a glitch. She said they will refund me in 5-7 business days

I was on a chat with a "guide" and she kept trying to up sell me and I told her that I was not interested. After the third time she asked me all of a sudden my phone dings about a charge from them.

I was still on the chat with her and she said ooops it was a glitch. Then I got her "manager" and he said they will refund me in 5-7 business days. How is it a refund for something i didn't purchase? They illegally went into my account and charged my card in seconds and now I have to wait 5-7 business days for my money back.

During that time I am going to have checks bounce and I need gas but I can't do anything about it. Plus I bought my domain supposedly but when I type it in it says that the domain is available for purchase on Godaddy.com. So I asked if I paid for the domain why does this say that.

I was told that I need to purchase domain protection in order to secure it. So that is a scam as well

Loss:
Cons:
  • Thieves
  • Bait & switch

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: They offer a free website but you can't use

Pissed Off a Ugb

Verified Reviewer

Don't deliver paid for products

*****AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS***** 1. THEY OUTSOURCE ALL SUPPORT TO NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING FOREIGNERS (GODADDY DOES NOT BELIEVE IN AMERICA FIRST) 2. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT DELIVER THE PRODUCT 3. THEY LOCK YOUR DOMAIN FROM BEING TRANSFERRED. CON ARTISTS *** PURE TRASH OUTFIT AVOID THEM UNLESS YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH BARELY UNDERSTANDABLE 'SUPPORT' FROM PEOPLE WHO COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are scammers

User's recommendation: AVOID THEM NO MATTER WHAT

Timothy L Jhc

Terrible service

I purchased a special email address through GoDaddy for $120/yr. This address, which I printed on my business cards, only occasionally worked, I missed important messages constantly. When I asked GoDaddy for a refund of this 'service', I was told too bad, you're out of luck.go
Loss:
Cons:
  • Unreliable service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use GoDaddy.

Nicolas C Hgc

Verified Reviewer

No access to email and website conicsports.com

Hello, I am not access emails from conicsports.com and website itself. GoDaddy said that all is on your server.. i cannot do any work since 10 Feb 2024. MY main email and user to login to Mediatemple is conic30@***.fr Thanks to resolve urgently. Please send email to sales.conicsports@***.com or WhatsApp +230******** and call +230********. Waiting more than eagerly. Regards, Nicolas CONSTANTIN NICOSPORTS LTD MAURITIUS
Loss:

Preferred solution: To restore all and give me a Full Gestual Commercial support. Help to make all active and the best service

User's recommendation: Be more prompt and efficient

Resolved
Nelson F Pxw

Resolved: No access to email

Updated by user Jan 29, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. After ten days they finally got some one to walk threw the issues with me to find and fix the problems

Original review Jan 22, 2024
Case 12677**** I dont have access to my emails and there telling me 7 - 10 days . Its been three datys already . Please help asap Im running a Buisness here .
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy to build your own website
Cons:
  • No customer service in u s and no resolution

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go direct to another site . They outsource there work

Ron R Yws

Cancel website tried on line last month now getting another bill

Cancel service and website going out of business. Retiring going on disability. Im old!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???
Loss:
Cons:
  • Billing
map-marker Isleworth, Hounslow

Refund avoidance at all costs

II bought a domain and decided to trial a web site. A few days later I decided i was not fie me and requested a refund from customer service.

They put it All through which was painful and took what seemed like three days and then finally I was told it being processed and would be a maximum of 5 days.

This was December.

And Nope it didn't arrive.

Jamuary I went back to customer service and explained, oh gosh not sure what went wrong.

That's funny because it's quite obvious to me.

Yes we got through it all again.

Perfect I wait and now it's March. Now. I'm flat out peed off. Guess what happened oh we don't seem to have that, we go through it all again.

Except this time in told to fill in a request form because it's over 3 months and may get refused now.

That was it for me.

No form filling you've lost my details and now I maybe too late for a refund.

That's pathetic, if you need to play these games because it's so important to your profits.

Keep it, I will never use you again, I will tell others to never use toy again. Hope it was worth it for you all.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all Costs. Terrible attitude to customers

Ladislaus Gja

Cannot contact anyone

Cannot reach anyone I need to make some payment and not sure of the amount and I also need clarity of the product...
Pros:
  • Good service
Cons:
  • Better communication

Preferred solution: Make payments

User's recommendation: To be able to speak someone directly

Olga B Xgk

Terrible services with GoDaddy

Terrible services with GoDaddy

They've been developing my website for over three months - I had to design it myself. I had to contact multiple people from the support service who did not have any idea what they were doing.

You can forget about connecting your website with any professional platform (in my case, it was SimplePractice.) Finally, when I approved the website, they published the wrong one - that's what I have for my money https://besttherapistplus.com/ It's been over 6th months since I started to deal with GoDaddy.I just want to stop this nightmare. For someone with a similar experience, you can contact me via email at office@***.com - maybe we can join our efforts and file for compensation from GoDaddy.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Irresponsible staff
  • Very slow and bad quality work

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please save your money and time - go to a different host. At least NEVER ORDER WEBSITE BUILDING FROM THEM!!!

Nataly Tau
map-marker Provo, Utah

You ran my card for 22.00 WHY?

Someone tried to run my card for $22.00 I want to know Under the name Kathleen Ryan Tell me why and was it a renewal if so what name?

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article