2.9
Privacy and Data Security

GoDaddy purposely withholds your information on payments in their file without ever sending you a confirmation. I found out, after many discussions with them, that they withdrew from my credit card 3 times last year and they will not send me the results.

Told me it was not refundable after 30 days and it would take a subpoena (their words) for me to get their (telephone) authorizations. Other people have told me that they overdrew their accounts also and could not get a refund. It would also help if their people were professional and knowledgeable.

They are neither. Do not, I repeat, do not leave a credit card on file with these folks.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $450. This person is overall dissatisfied with Godaddy. The most disappointing about godaddy domain service at Godaddy was ripped me off Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Godaddy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hosting category for more informed decision or compare Godaddy to other companies on our site.

Comments

Similar situation here. They actually had me down for a domain that I never purchased.

In renewing my existing domains, they post "suggestions/recommendations for new domains on the same page. One of the "suggestions" was ALREADY CHECKED BY DEFAULT. Unless you UN-select that item, they charge you for it. I complained that I never did, nor ever would have selected this domain.

They told me "Too bad", you should have contacted us within 45 days. Unfortunately, our company policy is that you need to request a refund within 45 days. I asked for the "manager" of the person "Carson" that I was speaking with. He told me that was not possible.

I explained that this was fraud, and I'm sure it's happening to millions of your customers. I threatened a class-action suit, and he laughed, and laughed.

I asked for the contact info for the "legal department", was told that they could not give that out, and said I'd need to find that on my own. Let's sue these crooks!!