Manchester, Manchester

the terminology used at Godaddy is just bad. I needed to revoke and redo a new certificate signing request for a website we are doing. The SSL still had 6 months left to run. I'm more used to using Comodo rater then Godaddy (Thought I would give them a go) On comodo when you revoke a cert, you can then re-issue to a different server with a new Certificate Signing request.

GoDaddy is different on this Revoke, means permanently delete the SSL. No if and no buts, its gone. even if you have lots of time left. Instead of using the work Revoke, which on Comodo and every other SSL provider means disassociate it with the current CSR and provoke key. It should say something simple like 'Permanently Delete Certificate' What's worse they are unwilling to re-instate it. For something I have paid for in good faith. I have raised a complaint about this but I am not holding out for much hope.

beware of buying SSL Certs from GoDaddy. The terminology is completely wrong.!

Review about: Godaddy Ssl.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Godaddy Ssl Certificate
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Godaddy?

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #1188429

"The terminology is completely wrong."

No, your understanding was wrong. You thought one outfit's rules would apply somewhere else. You didn't ask questions before buying the service and now want to whine.

This is on you.