Privacy and Data Security
Usability

Update by user Jul 12

As of July 12, 2017 my issue with GoDaddy has never been resolved.Two different representatives for GoDaddy have told the BBB that they are standing by their decision.

They claim to have contacted me about the copyright complaint but they did not. They have continued to lie, and are currently ignoring entirely what they have done to me. What really makes all of this so pathetic is that (1) the complainer had no real copyright, (2) an entire website does not deserve to be removed over the sakes of a two line quote, (3) GoDaddy has no right to keep people's money - especially for prepaid services. So there is no law that forces them to return money for services not rendered?

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER purchase a domain or anything through GoDaddy.com!!! The (4) pathetic point is that anyone who calls themselves a Christian as Mr. Alan Ruth, biblestudy.com, claims to be and then places a price on the gospel message is in a sorry state of affairs. I am not only against this "prosperity gospel" fabrication, but I am repulsed by everyone who makes money off of Jesus.

I have no doubt that the Lord is very saddened by these people too.NO ONE can serve two masters (Matthew 6:24 and Luke 16:13).

Original review posted by user Jun 12

GoDaddy never bothered to email me, snail mail me, or phone me about a copyright complaint.Took me several hours to figure out what the complaint was supposed to be because the Copyright Dept would only correspond by plain text emails.

Once I figured out what the complaint was supposed to be I was advised to speak with the complaining party but the complaining party would not speak to me. He was hiding. I expect the reason he was hiding was because he complaint was falsified. He claimed to have a copyright on coined words which no one can legally copyright.

Then he complained that I copied an entire page of his website which again was totally ridiculous. Anytime I have posted an entire article or a partial article from someone else I have always sited the author and source with it.

GoDaddy never checked the identity of the complaining party or requested proof of the copyright the man claimed to have.GoDaddy just blew me off and said that the money I paid ahead for my domain and hosting was 'not refundable.' I have had to file a complaint with the BBB to resolve my issue and retrieve my domain from theses creeps.

Review about: Godaddy Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Unprofessional, uncommunicated problem regarding a complainer with another host..

Preferred solution: I want a portion of my money refunded, and my website placed back in good standing so that I can transfer it to another host..

I didn't like: Unprofessional, Poor communication, No business sense, Ignorant of copyright laws, Violation of my rights.

Had an Experience with Godaddy?

Comments