GoDaddy never bothered to email me, snail mail me, or phone me about a copyright complaint.Took me several hours to figure out what the complaint was supposed to be because the Copyright Dept would only correspond by plain text emails.

Once I figured out what the complaint was supposed to be I was advised to speak with the complaining party but the complaining party would not speak to me. He was hiding. I expect the reason he was hiding was because he complaint was falsified. He claimed to have a copyright on coined words which no one can legally copyright.

Then he complained that I copied an entire page of his website which again was totally ridiculous. Anytime I have posted an entire article or a partial article from someone else I have always sited the author and source with it.

GoDaddy never checked the identity of the complaining party or requested proof of the copyright the man claimed to have.GoDaddy just blew me off and said that the money I paid ahead for my domain and hosting was 'not refundable.' I have had to file a complaint with the BBB to resolve my issue and retrieve my domain from theses creeps.

Review about: Web Domain And Hosting.

I didn't like: Unprofessional, Poor communication, No business sense, Ignorant of copyright laws, Violation of my rights.

Usability
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Godaddy Web Hosting
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unprofessional, uncommunicated problem regarding a complainer with another host. / $135
Preferred solution I want a portion of my money refunded, and my website placed back in good standing so that I can transfer it to another host.

Had an Experience with Godaddy?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion