GoDaddy auto-renewed me for a "Get Found" package and didn't notify me via email that they were going to do that.The customer service rep also confirmed on the phone that they never notified me, but they refused to give me a credit or remove the charge.

I am disputing the charge on my credit card, and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Also, the "Get Found Starter" could be used for free, but it seems there was an auto-renew feature and billing associated with it that I was never notified about.Also, while on the phone with the customer service rep, I was on the phone for 55 minutes and they did not resolve my issue.

Review about: Getfound Starter Kit.

2.8
Usability
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Godaddy Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $59
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Godaddy?

Comments

MH

GoDaddy just did tried to screw us too.But they sent us an auto-renewal notice (9 days before) for our domain name registration and this "Get Found Starter" service for $119.76.

We were able to login and cancel before since it was set to renew next week. Really SCAMMY!

The trick is, I'm guessing they add it when you register a domain and make it "free" for the first year? But then it auto-renews (for $120) with your domain name registration.

We didn't notice that it was added to account until now.Never used it and don't even know what it is.