Charged me for an email account that had a free subscription for the first year.I never used the account.

It renewed the next year and charged my account. When I noticed the charge I called and asked for a refund. I was 2 days past the 30 refund policy limit. They wouldn't remove the charge and said that I had used the service so i have a useless email address that I paid $60 for now.

Why would I use an email address for a year and then switch back to my old address? This is for my business so I can't just randomly switch my email address. I understand the tricks companies use by giving free trials and then if you don't cancel by the next subscription you are paying for the product. But I wasn't aware that this would even renewal.

I just assumed it came with the website builder I purchased. Their website doesn't allow you to cancel a renewal. You can only cancel the product. Which I did and now I won't even be able to use the product if I wanted to.

I called multiple times and only got on the phone with a manager once. One of the managers Cassidy Thompson cjthompson@godaddy.com didn't even bother to return my call when I scheduled a call back from a manager. She just emailed me back a generic email with the refund policy attached. I have been emailing back and forth asking her to call me back for 3 days now.

She finally told me today that she will not be calling me back because I have already talked to people about the issue. What she knows is that if she calls me I will be able to leave a review of our conversation.

She already knows that her customer service is lacking and is avoiding the review by not taking my call.She's the most unprofessional person I have dealt with yet!!!!!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Godaddy Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Godaddy?

Comments