In an attempt to renew my domain address on GoDaddy.com, my payment would not go through. I choose to renew for two years when I pressed the button to process the payment it turned gray and indicated it was processing but it stayed that way and would not confirm that the payment was made.

I decided to hang up and try another day. The next I got a call from a Rep at Go Daddy who said he noticed I was attempting to make a payment and asked if I still planned to renew my domain name. I explained what had happened and told him I would try again in a few days, since I had time before my renewal date expired. That was on February 6 or 7.

On February 16th I tried to make the payment again it would not go through so I phoned Go Daddy and explained that this was the second time I was trying to make the payment on line and it would not go through. The rep said no problem I can help you with that. He went away from the phone without asking any questions and returned to say okay it has been processed. I was surprise since I was paying through my PayPal account and couldn't imagine how he could process it without asking any questions… but I was relieved that the payment was made.

After talking with him I checked my bank statement and found the payment had already been processed back on February 7th. I called back immediately within five minutes. The rep said he could not correct the mistake and in addition a third payment had also gone through. He told me he would do me a favor and refund one of them but that was the best he could do.

I would be paid ahead for six years and he would eat the cost for the last two years. I told him I didn't want any favors just refund those last two duplicate payments.

I ultimately had to hang up and him and I'm now in the process of having PayPal and my Bank work on it. It was a complete scam and the Go Daddy Rep displayed no shame in his efforts.

Review about: Godaddy Customer Care.

Comments